Self-guided wild horse tour in Jeep rental
The Corolla Wild Horses are some of the oldest and most popular tours around the world. If you are up for an adventure, visitors can find the Corolla Wild Horses via self-guided tours with these tips and tricks!
Where to Look
- The Corolla Wild Horses can be found on the northern beaches of Corolla and Carova. This area is only accessible by four-wheel-drive vehicles because you must drive on the beach itself. Be sure you read our beach driving tips before setting out on your self-guided tour. Remember, some areas are restricted as a part of the Corolla Wild Horse preservation area. Be aware of posted signs.
- Whether you are in the PVA or on the roads of Corolla, watch for horses crossing the road, especially at night.
What to Do Once You Find Them
- Remain at least 50 feet away from the horses. Observe the horses at a distance that is safe for both you and the horses. State law requires you to remain 50 feet away from the wild horses at a minimum. Abiding by this law will help preserve the horses and allow them to continue to pleasure their freedom in the wild!
- Please do not feed the horses. Feeding the horses is against the law and can endanger the horses since they may react to foods differently than a human.
Important Things to Consider
- Be sure to fill your gas tank before entering the Public Vehicular Areas on the beach.
- Consider deflating your tires to help your vehicle move more easily through the sand.
- Do not attempt to drive on the beach in a vehicle that is not four-wheel drive.
- Stay alert and safe when driving on the beach.
Take a Guided Corolla Wild Horse Tour
If you don’t have a four-wheel-drive vehicle, or you’d simply like to relax and take in the scenery while a professional navigate the beach driving, consider taking a guided horse tour! It’s one of the most exciting things to do in the Outer Banks and is a great way to have fun with the entire family!
Beach driving pass included for Carova Beach (wild Horses) & Cape Hatteras National Seashore for 2-day Minimum rental ($205 per day).
Click Here For Jeep Rentals OBX, NC | Phone: 252-564-4218
There are many guided tour providers located in Corolla but remember these tours book quickly. It’s best to book your tour in advance. These excellent tour operators will provide an adventure you’ll never forget!
- Back Beach Wild Horse Tours
- Back Country Safari Tours
- Bob’s Wild Horse Tours
- Coastal Explorations
- Corolla Jeep Rentals & Tours
- Corolla Outback Adventures
- Corolla Wild Horse Tours
- Segway of the Outer Banks
- Wild Horse Adventure Tours & Art Gallery
Corolla’s Wild Spanish Mustangs
Most horse tours are conducted during a customized 4×4 off-road vehicle. Participants ride in comfort with enough seating in order that all tour-goers can simply climb aboard, sit back, take photos and learn from an experienced guide.
Corolla horse Tours generally last two hours and explore the northern Outer Banks beaches from the outskirts of Corolla all thanks to the Virginia state boundary located on the very fringe of the Currituck Beaches. Along the way, the tour may stray far away from the oceanfront to the wooded neighborhood or public sandy paths where the horses are known to flourish.
Offered seasonally, tour-goers are encouraged to bring many sunscreens, extra water for the excursion, and in fact, a camera. Once the tour encounters a little pack or a private horse, photos are about required and are bound to be a treasured acquisition from your Outer Banks vacation.
Highly-rated tour companies like horse Adventure Tours recommended reservations, especially within the summer season months of June, July, and August when Corolla’s tourism and the population are at their highest. eleventh-hour tours are occasionally available for little parties, however, or for people traveling to the Outer Banks within the shoulder season months. make certain and check online or call your favorite tour company beforehand of your vacation to seek out specific prices and available dates.